1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Story to share!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, May 3, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I just got my baby Silkies! My little three week old white, and my beautiful 4 week old Blue, *I keep telling them to think girly thoughts because I cant have a roo T_T*
    Well my fiancée does not understand why I want them, he keeps saying that we have to be able to eat them. So I remind him that they do make eggs, and that they are wonderful mothers.
    Well, needless to say he has threatened to cook and eat my Baby Silkies.
    Now...when we went to pick them up, we had stayed over a friends house the night before.<- Remember that, it is important.
    So, we went to the Poultry show and the wonderful gentleman introduced me to his group of chicks.
    There was a bunch but only one white one and one blue one left. They were MINE!!
    He told me the white one was a week younger then his others, and needed a heat lamp ASAP because it was cold.
    My love was quiet threw out the whole show, but the moment we got to the chicks and the guy mentioned the white one was cold, he scooped it up into his hands and attempted to keep it warm...*Food my butt*
    Anyway, we decided it would be a good idea to scurry out of there so we could get my pretty's under a heat lamp. When we got into our car, I began to search for a spare shirt or sock or something to make a nest out of in the straw filled crate.
    Well...He pulled out is flannel pajama bottom pants and hand craft a makeshift nest for them. Which they dove under adorably. :3
    So, now every morning he goes down and check on the silkies and picks them up.
    Well, today sadly I am sick upstairs in bed...And he was outside digging a hole for the cherry tree...well, all of a sudden he came flying inside with his shovel full of dirt. I thought he was nuts until he asked excitedly, "Do you think they can eat a worm!?"
    ...Thats right...He tracked dirt all threw out the clean house over a worm.
    They had grit in with there food so I said sure, go ahead and see what happens.
    ...I have never seen a grown man so excited about a chick eating a worm...he even used the words, "OMG SHE ATE IT!!" And "OMG shes running with it!"
    Food my butt...XD
    Hes such a softy.
    Haha, i thought you guys might get a kick out of that [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I sure did! "Food My Butt" can be the motto for your chicken farm! [​IMG]

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    [​IMG]

That's how it goes. My boyfriend was the same way. When we decided to get rid of one because she was loud, didn't like attention, and would get out (you can't catch her easily), he told me the same night we got rid of her that he felt bad (and I should too) because "she didn't have any chicken friends." [​IMG] Needless to say we went back the next day to "save" her. [​IMG]

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Haha, yes! That is going to be chicken farm motto from now on XD

5. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

Perfect! that's awesome. My DH is the same way, acts like the chickens are MY chickens, but he fusses over keeping them safe as much as I do.

It's me they all come pouring out of the coop and running to though. [​IMG]

6. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Haha oh my, yes that sounds like something my love would end up doing XD

7. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Hehe, thats so cute XD

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Great story. the other day my DH said his hen when talking about my BO Blondie yea my chickens right. [​IMG]

9. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Haha cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by