Straight up questions.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moochie, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    Is it illegal to catch a small animal and then feed it to your pets?
    Do they actually remove the homeless from Irvine CA? When I was there my bro said they do, and I didn't see any.
    Is that street in Hollywood dirty? You know.. where the chinese theatre is?

2. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    lol i cant answer those questions....but...lol they made me laugh! [​IMG] those are 3 of the most random questions that could be grouped together.....hope someone does answer your questions tho...

3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    If your talking about "small animal" meaning "mice" I doubt it would be illegal. They might even pay you for it in some places. [​IMG]
    Homeless are not removed in Irvine Ca (unless they are put in jail for a theft or something). Besides, a lot of the homeless are not even seen and they are all around. Shame!
    The Street by the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood is not dirtier than any other big city street. Actually, seems like the big cities get those street cleaners out better. Especially in the tourist towns like Hollywood. [​IMG]
    No I'm curious, what made you ask these three different questions? LOL!

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I can only help with the first question. It depends on the animal you plan on catching. If it is classed as native or a game animal then you can not take it. Some species can be taken with a permit, but it varies by state and even county. Like in NJ, you need a fishing licenses (don't quote me on that though) to harvest bullfrogs. And there is a limit. You can't take any birds. Song birds, migritory waterfowl and birds of prey are all protected by the federal government. European sparrows and starlings are both non-native invasive species, there fore not protected. If you want more info go to your states fish and wildlife division's website. You could also try calling a game warden, but you may get different answers to the same question if you ask different wardens.

5. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    JustAChickenLittle&More :

If your talking about "small animal" meaning "mice" I doubt it would be illegal.

For the most part that is true, but it also depends on the species. House mice (Mus musculus) are not native. But there are many native species of mice, rats and voles. Some of which are endangered. It is always best to look up you local laws.​

6. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    I never saw one bum while in Irvine with my brother, his wife, and my niece. I love to marvel at the homeless in Korea Town.. Sounds mean but I'm fascinated actually. I remember seeing a small korean woman with a shopping cart filled with blankets, cans, and other things. And I saw a couple in a sleeping bag in a freeway tunnel before. Sad [​IMG]
    Oh, someone told me that the streets were dirty there.. As in litter everywhere and ofcourse, hobos. Sunset blvd. was nice when I went to the Beverly Mall.

New question. I remember, ages ago, in China Town... Small slider turtles in small glass boxes. Alot of people (children mostly) had them. Someone in school told me they were illegal. That true? If so why?

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Depends upon the species.

Not unless they commit a crime.

No dirtier than many city streets and cleaner than many.

Do you find yourself with an excessive amount of time on your hands or are you prone to inane questions?[​IMG]

8. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    duck&chickencrazy :

Quote:[​IMG]

x2!
    Now tell me more about that dirty street... [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:1) Depends on where you live.
    2) No. There are no homeless in the safest city in America.
    3) Yes. But not the dirty you are thinking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by