Strait run golden comet chicks(vermont)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bradybrady09, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    For local pickup only asking $2.50 each i have about 30 anyone??

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Golden Comet chicks can be sexed at hatching, so they actually arent straight run.

3. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    well then if you know how to sex them by all means tell me so i know what i have lol

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    what colors do you have?? [​IMG] i think the hens are red/gold...not sure about the roos..

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Golden Comets are sex linked chickens. they are different colors at hatch. females are red, males are white.

6. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    well i have some that are yellow with rusty red colors mixed in and some that are all yellow

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    the yellows are males and the others (yellow with a red back or chipmunky markings) are the females.

this would only apply to the first generation of chicks. offspring of sex linked birds will not be sex linked.

8. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    Thanks jayne so i ended up with 12 roos and 18 hens then because your right some just have red on the yellow and i have some that have like chipmunk stripes down there head

Do not engage in any further transactions, as buyer or seller, until all outstanding transactions are resolved. Thank you.

BYC Staff

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:no problem. the males are decent for fryers, if you don't let them get past 13-15 weeks. the females are EGG MACHINES!

enjoy. [​IMG]

your price is very fair, by the way. cheaper than a hatchery and no minimum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by