Strang bump of silkie hen head

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken-Man, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Chicken-Man

Chicken-Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    your head.... ~(*.*)~
    [​IMG]

hello,
    Just put my silkie hen back into er pen and saw a red bubble thing. My other hens can't peck her coz she lives in a sepetate pen. Anyone know what it is????????
    [​IMG]
    sorry about the bad photos but when I found it, it was blood red and now after about an hour it has gone very dark red/black ish.
    [​IMG]
    any one have any clue? When I got her a few days ago the lady who sold it said this chook had mite eggs but she had killed all eggs and all mites. could their be some alive ones? I really don't know. anyone??

2. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    So it changed colour while you watched? Is it a wound that has clotted into a bump?

3. Chicken-Man

Jan 8, 2014
    your head.... ~(*.*)~
    I'm not sure. It was bright red then I just waited an hour then I came back and it had changed colour.

4. Chicken-Man

Jan 8, 2014
    your head.... ~(*.*)~
    oh and when I did go back the bump had gotten much smaller as well as change colour.
    i'm really confused. please!!

5. Chicken-Man

Jan 8, 2014
    your head.... ~(*.*)~
    Uh oh.... my silkie hen (Shadow) had that spot (which is there small and dark dark red/black) and I was just carefully taking some of the dead mite eggs of her face and when I got a little of there was another red pump. but not as big and it wasn't wet at all. it was dry as soon as I found it. What could it be??????????????[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by