strange acting quail

mxpres

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Lenoir,NC
I was checking my quail water and feed this morning and when I opened the door to one cage the quail rooster went into a squat like a kungfu ninji and started something like a deep (growl) chirp) like he was warning me to stay away.I have had chickens to act this way but never a quail rooster.Was this some kind of challenge? T thought his actions was kinda funny .I pushed him aside and said,,Man I am the big bird in this flock so you better be careful

BEAT THAT FOOL LIKE HE OWES YOU MONEY
lau.gif

ISNT IT AMAZING WHAT A LIL HORMONE CAN DO TO ALMOST EVERY LIVING THING?
smile.png

I have a couple of males that come after me all the time. I have tried everything from pushing them away, grabbing them and getting in their faces, to pinning them down on the ground! But still they insist on attacking the hand that feeds them! Boys will be boys!!
lol.png

everytime I place the feeder in the pen after a refill someone takes a cheapie at me... usually the biggest white hen. I crack a smile, helps me relax after work, maybe she knows it too.

If you have enough coturnix, then you will get a few that think they can take down (THE FEED MONSTER) by growling/pecking/scratching/what ever. Mostly they just like to interact with him/her. Hen and roo alike. I think it's cute!

They are no match for normal human skin....Just push them back and fill up the feeder
smile.png

Coturnix are cute
smile.png
you stick your hand in and they come running because we are the feed monsters. The only pen I laugh at are the butler bobwhites... Those things start flingling wire at me! Talk about hungry!! Give them pitchforchs and torches and you have a lynching of some sort going on! Lol Coturnix are just impatient with their sounds
wink.png

Quote:
THATS HOW IT STARTS WITH THEM BUTLERS.... JUST WAIT 1 DAY YOU'LL BE HOPPING AROUND HOWLING WITH 1 HANGING OFF OF A HAND LIKE A FEATHERED SNAPPING TURTLE (AND IF YOU'RE LIKE ME YOU'LL LIKELY ACCUSE IT'S PARENTS OF HAVING NEVER BEEN MARRIED AT A VERY HIGH DECIBLE
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom