strange behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hansolo, Oct 20, 2011.

1. hansolo

hansolo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Fremont, CA
    We have three pullets 4 months old. Maybe since there were 2-3 months old, one started pecking on our pants, as if she wants food. Soon the other two learned to do the same. We have 2 older chickens, 8-10 months old. Lately these two learned to peck our pants too when they want treats!
    How strange! Has anyone else experienced this?

2. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    chickens like to peck at anything that moves [​IMG] totally normal. especially if your pants have loose parts that move as you walk, or threads or something hanging off. now, if you've started giving them treats after pecking at your pants, you've effectively trained them that they get rewarded for doing it (in other words, they've actually trained you). [​IMG]

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    My 15 year old daughter made the mistake of wearing flip-flops to feed the chickens. Of note: she had metallic green toenail polish on. I didn't know she could dance like that. She thinks they hate her now. I nearly peed myself![​IMG]

4. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    Quote:[​IMG]
    I bet!! I would have peed myself!

5. Cammy

Cammy New Egg

Oct 15, 2011
    I just started a flock of three chickens that I bought from a flea market. I just know that these girls have been raised in a cage. I have them in a 20 X 10 dog pen, but they won't leave their box. They pile up together and stay in their all day till I run them out for food and to check for eggs. Its kinda sad, except they look healthy enough. I wonder how long it will take them to start rangeing some if they ever do?

Cammy

6. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    What ever you do dont wear camo hunting pants in the coop or run!!! Got attacked because the camo pattern is marshgrass with strands of green grass in it,you can figure the rest. I became a snack. Besides chickens are monkey see monkey do or chicken see ......

7. Terrik

Terrik Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Dallas, OR
    Quote:me too!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by