strange behaviour from polish chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sonic164, Jul 26, 2011.

1. sonic164

sonic164 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    I have a 13 week old polish, when I went up my polish was running up and down the wire of at the side I was at and flying at it as if it wasn't there. When I went in she flue at me and just sat on my shoulder. When I took her off she did the same thing. when I left she started flying at me again through the wire. is there any reason why she is doing this ?

2. misterhandsome

misterhandsome Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2011
    Kemptville, Ontario
    Can she see? My polish was acting oddly, not nesting with her gang. Turns out her crest had grown right down around her eyes amd she couldn't see a thing. On the advice of someone here we trimmed them this evening and she's like a new bird.

3. sonic164

sonic164 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    there have been several time's where I thought she couldn't but she seems to be able to do everything the rest of my flock can and I can just see her eyes from a stood position so she can see me. she often tilts her head as well to see better.

4. GinaandTim

GinaandTim New Egg

Sep 29, 2014
    Hi I have a buff polish that hasa lways sat on her legs and let her wings hang down. She seems perfectly fine otherwise. I cant figure out why?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by