Strange Behaviour

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by David797, Feb 13, 2015.

1. David797

David797 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    One of my hens today exhibited a behaviour i've never seen before. She's been acting normally for the past few days but I had I feeling something was up. Today I saw her just standing there with her eyes closed. Should I be concerned? Is this a symptom of a disease? Or am I just a really paranoid person?

2. poult

poult Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    Ok well let's have some specification first before we decide if your just easily paranoid or not :p lol just teasing you but on a serious note does she have any respiratory problems? Is she walking really slow? Are her wings droopy? Is she not eating or drinking? Does she have direah? If she was just standing there with her eyes closed it could mean nothing just taking a break from life as we all do at times but if she has any of the things I asked she could be ill.

3. David797

David797 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    No serious issues of that sort; she's still behaving normally, I just hope that wasn't an early sign of sickness. I dunno, my other bird died a month ago so I guess i'm just overreacting.

4. poult

poult Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    She is probably fine then :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by