Strange bird behaviour

Chicken Kate

Chirping
Feb 20, 2018
McLeansville North Carolina
I have an easter Egger that was given to me about a month ago. She is close to laying age, but she has a messed up foot. The toes are all crooked. She is not around my other birds because of this issue. The other day i found her laying on her side unable to stand. After about an hour or so, she was good to go and walking all over the place, the best she could. Today, her good leg is still having issues, but today she is puffed up and keeping her eyes closed. She is also shaking. I have a feeling that her good foot is in pain. I have looked, but i dont see an injury. Could she be egg bound? I just dont want to screw this up. Thanks for the help in advanced .

I have an easter Egger that was given to me about a month ago. She is close to laying age, but she has a messed up foot. The toes are all crooked. She is not around my other birds because of this issue. The other day i found her laying on her side unable to stand. After about an hour or so, she was good to go and walking all over the place, the best she could. Today, her good leg is still having issues, but today she is puffed up and keeping her eyes closed. She is also shaking. I have a feeling that her good foot is in pain. I have looked, but i dont see an injury. Could she be egg bound? I just dont want to screw this up. Thanks for the help in advanced .

Is the knee joint bending much? Does she drag a foot? It sounds like Marak's to me.

Can you post any pictures of what you are seeing? She might just have a leg or toe deformity, but hard to tell. Is she using her foot normally?

Back
Top Bottom