Strange Cat antics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickenaddict, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have been collecting a few serama eggs to hatch under one of my broody cochin hens so i have them sitting in the basement where it is cooler. I have 2 eggs so far sitting in a towel. My cat who loves to hang out in the basement office with the chickens got in the room, jumped up where i had the eggs sitting in the towel and gently placed her body (chunky cat) on top of the eggs. Now i have a broody cat [​IMG] I was wondering if anyone succesfully hatched chicks under a cat before LOL

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Too funny! Maybe she's having a pseudo pregnancy...? [​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    lol I don't think thats possible she has been fixed since she was 6 months old. The cat is now 4 years old. I think she has been watching too much chicken TV

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    the eggs were probably still warm
    Or it's exactly where she thinks you didn't want her to be so...instant new best bed!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    LOL, too funny!

Mine has a foot fetish and will rub himself all over my nasty shoes and also pull out my dirty socks.

6. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    She has been around chickens for over 2 years now and she just lost her best friend another cat named boot) not too long ago and ever since she has been infactuated with the chickens and wants nothing more than to lay on the chair and watch them all day. Occasionally one of the serama babies flies over there to lay on her back and preen her fur, she doesn't mind one bit.

7. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] ewww what a fettish LOL

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Eww, our cat has a fetish with dh's shoes too. He never does it to mine, guess they are too strong for even his strange taste...

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Cats are funny, we have a 3 year old cat that still nurses on my daughter's earlobe every morning! Nothing like a warm soft cat sucking away on your earlobe, purring like crazy, and you're trying to WAKE UP....[​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My cat has to stay out of the room at night because she wants to wrap herself around my head. She is a long haired cat. BLECH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by