Strange Death

Delaneygraces

Certified Procrastinator
5 Years
Jan 14, 2018
Illinois
I found One of moderns dead, but have no idea for the reason of this strange death. I had let all my birds out for 20 minutes, before I had to leave, and went to put them up before going.when I had let Loki out, she was acting normal, but in those 20 minutes, soemthing happened and I came in and she was sitting on the ground, still near her pen. I picked her up, and put her in her pen, but she wouldn’t stand. There was a yellow/clear/red liquid leaking from her vent, and she was blinking rapidly. After a few minutes, she started walking again, but soon layed back down, but was no longer blinking and seemed alright until I got home. An hour later, I came home, and she was gone. She was on her side, and bedding flung everywhere. Her neck was all stretched out, and the weirdest thing was her vent. There was a large, pinkish blob hanging out, and her vent was stretched out. Any ideas on what happened, and what would cause this? I’ve cleared her pen out and am not putting birds in there until I know its something they can’t get as well. Thank you for any help!!

Did you already throw out the body? Pics of the vent would be helpful.

I wonder if maybe she accidentally broke an egg inside of her and it caused internal damage.

Did you already throw out the body? Pics of the vent would be helpful.

I wonder if maybe she accidentally broke an egg inside of her and it caused internal damage.
Sadly, yes. Even if I did still have it I think it came out before death because it was covered in sawdust. The busted eggs would make sense, with the yolk colored liquid. I just want to be sure there wasn’t some disease that could spread.
After trying o find a picture that might give some reference, I stumbled upon a condition called prolapse vent. The pictures are similar to what I had, but the causes or the symptoms didn’t match up?

Back
Top Bottom