STRANGE found dog story ** Mystery solved!!**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SpringChickens, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    I was gettign dinner ready tonight when my husband comes home. He calls me outside, saying that I have to come see this dog he found.

I run outside to see a black lab outside wearing a green collar. Ok, nothing strange about that. DH tells me to look at the tags. I look closer, and realize that this dog is wearing the collar and tags my dog lost over Christmas!!!

What I am trying to find out is where this dog got the collar from! Our dogs were being housesat over Christmas by someone we knew well. She said that Molly lost her collar, OK, not a big deal.

To find it on a strange dog by our front gate?? Very strange.

We will post an ad on Craigslist and in the newspaper saying we found her. If no one responds, we will keep her. She's very sweet, gentle and calm... obviously in good condition. I figure somebody's missing her tonight!

Strange circumstances!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    weird!!

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Wow that's a crazy story! It seems a little too coincidental, but you never know.....

4. Stina

Stina Songster

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    that is VERY odd......

5. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Thats so crazy!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see how this plays out [​IMG]

6. maybe its a sign...like youre supposed to keep her...i dunno, i just like to think like that, its neat...[​IMG]

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    that is so strange! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Something similar happened to my MIL. Her cat vanished once for over a week and it returned without a collar. It was injured so she figured it fought something and lost and it took it a while to get back to her.

This last week the cat shows up with its new collar AND the old collar.......

9. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Wow That is crazy! Maybe it's meant to be;)
    Where did he find the dog? Was it just hanging around your neighborhood?

10. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Songster

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    Twilight Zone.......

Maybe the dog took the collar so that when she showed up at your door you would think that she belongs to you and feed her. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: