Strange Jersey Giant chicks

JB30

Chirping
Aug 15, 2018
I hatched these 3 chicks today. They should be jersey giants but we'll as your can see they don't look like jersey giants. One of my hens was with a couple Pheonix roosters for awhile but it was well over a month before I started collecting her eggs after she was back in the Jersey pen. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
20190625_115831.jpg
20190625_115817.jpg

Ya kinda. But they have straight combs and I don't own an easter egger. Now the pheonix rooster I'm talking about may have some in him cuz the birds I got from a lady as chicks some of them were definitely crosses and she had easter Eggers. They were supposed to be pure bred.

They're not pure Jersey Giants "I assume blacks" that's for sure. Hens can retain semen for over 30 days. Its best to separate for 5 weeks to be sure eggs are pure.

They're not pure Jersey Giants "I assume blacks" that's for sure. Hens can retain semen for over 30 days. Its best to separate for 5 weeks to be sure eggs are pure.
I had her with the Jersey giant roo for over a month before I collected any of her eggs for hatching. Guess maybe it wasn't long enough. Thanks!

I had her with the Jersey giant roo for over a month before I collected any of her eggs for hatching. Guess maybe it wasn't long enough. Thanks!

Glad to help. Sounds like you'd better separate them a little longer next time.

Back
Top Bottom