Strange Leg Injury

ludwigvan

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Hello! i got a female chinese painted quail some days ago and she was healthy. then, after the first night she got a strange injury on her leg. She's staying with a male but they seem to get along just fine. here are some pictures of the injury.

30mobop.jpg

1zv5x1y.jpg

34r821j.jpg

she has that for 4 days with no sign of recovery. i applied iodium on it for a couple of days but it doesn't seem to help. can you help us please?!

Looks like a female ready for the dinner plate to me! Your male may have broken her leg trying to "ride" her. I get females sometimes who dislocate their hips from being rode. If she is kept on wire that may be what the ingury is from.

looks broken can you take her to an avian vet? or just watch her and see how she does with it healing on its own. it would be cheaper to put her down and get a new female rather than going to the vet but it is your call.

oh i just love her character!! if she ain't getting better over the next few days i'm going to the vet alright..

I would too if she is a good bird. Mine are pets more than anything else and I would pay to have them looked at if injured. Good luck and lets us know whats happening.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom