1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

strange looking brown chicken... and other pics from today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by torrelee, Jun 6, 2011.

1. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    Spent some time with the ladies today, thought I'd share some pics:
    [​IMG]
    even feathery girls like shoes!
    [​IMG]
    Big girls got into the brooder and left me a confusing surprise, I had to check the nesting boxes to be sure!
    [​IMG]
    Treats!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    strange brown chicken got thirsty eating my chicken treats and had to stop for a drink of water... okay he's a chihuahua, but he likes the treats.
    [​IMG]
    I think Mariposa broke her toe...
    Sorry for the flood of pictures, but my girls are pretty cute

2. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I like the way the chickens are bigger than the dog! [​IMG]

3. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who sits on the chicken coop floor!! [​IMG]

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Cute!!!!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Quote:Me too! [​IMG]

6. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Quote:Me too! [​IMG]

x2 ... now I do try to find the cleanest spot... keep a board propped up on the wall to put down...

To the OP... that is sweet... wish I could let my dogs with my chickens, but I don't think that is going to happen.

7. X3..... looks like we are all a bunch of nut cases. R U going to splint her toe? looks like it hurts!

8. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I don't know if I should splint her toe or not, its been a little bent since I got her and is becoming more noticeable. It still bends and she doesn't limp or avoid that foot at all, so i'm less inclined to mess with it since I figure I'd have to rebreake it. She's thebaby who trusts me most and I'd hate to ruin that by busting her toe if it isn't effecting her life.
    Oh, and I tossed a board on the floor to keep my pants clean, which was moot point since even the brahma who is super shy walked all over me as long as I sat still!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by