Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
long beach, wa
Spent some time with the ladies today, thought I'd share some pics:
85560_dscf2053.jpg

even feathery girls like shoes!
85560_dscf2044.jpg

Big girls got into the brooder and left me a confusing surprise, I had to check the nesting boxes to be sure!
85560_dscf2024.jpg

Treats!
85560_dscf2040.jpg

85560_dscf2029.jpg

strange brown chicken got thirsty eating my chicken treats and had to stop for a drink of water... okay he's a chihuahua, but he likes the treats.
85560_dscf2036.jpg

I think Mariposa broke her toe...
Sorry for the flood of pictures, but my girls are pretty cute

Quote:
Me too!
big_smile.png

x2 ... now I do try to find the cleanest spot... keep a board propped up on the wall to put down...

To the OP... that is sweet... wish I could let my dogs with my chickens, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I don't know if I should splint her toe or not, its been a little bent since I got her and is becoming more noticeable. It still bends and she doesn't limp or avoid that foot at all, so i'm less inclined to mess with it since I figure I'd have to rebreake it. She's thebaby who trusts me most and I'd hate to ruin that by busting her toe if it isn't effecting her life.
Oh, and I tossed a board on the floor to keep my pants clean, which was moot point since even the brahma who is super shy walked all over me as long as I sat still!

Back
Top Bottom