Strange looking wild pigeon-PICS

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by WisconsinChick, Jul 14, 2008.

1. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I already know that I shouldnt touch or catch wild pigeons blah blah blah. Anyways, I did it on a bet and won! [​IMG] One of them looks really odd compared to the others- white with brown spots and the others are a blue color. Is this normal?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the creepy, old, abandoned school I caught it in......You can see one of the windows toward the top on the left side of the building is open. It's the entrance to the pigeon room...... AKA the girls bathroom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Yea ive seen them looking like that before...their gorgeous birds don't c y anyone would harm them.

3. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    It looks like it was crossed with someone's escaped pigeon. You can catch feral pigeons and keep them - just make sure you treat them for parasites and diseases before officially considering them yours.

You can feed them chicken scratch until you get a more pigeon-friendly food (they dig peas and aren't huge fans of corn, apparently).

Enjoy [​IMG]

4. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    He is beautiful...I have thought about getting pet pigeons. Every time I take my kids on a field trip, we go to a park downtown for lunch. It seems they always find an injured pigeon and bring it to me to take home and nurse back to health. I'm afraid I'll soon be considered the "crazy old pigeon man" lol

5. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    There are worse things to be considered [​IMG] I'm really digging my pigeon flock so far. The sounds they make are soothing.

6. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:Do the make the same "coo" as Doves do?

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    how did you catch it ?

8. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I have caught pigeons before. We feed it and gave it water. I hate to tell you this, but they don't live long in captivity. They also have diseases and such. I would let them go.

9. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    :eek: TELL ME HOW YOU CAUGT THEM!!!

10. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:I'm guessing she used a net. Why?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by