1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Strange Rosetta quail colour

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LyrebirdJacki, Oct 4, 2012.

1. LyrebirdJacki

LyrebirdJacki Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Darwin Australia
    I have been selectively breeding my quails, and I have been getting quails that resemble platiunums as a result. But my newest unusual outcome, the quail started off looking like a normal Rosetta chick, however it grew up a blue/platinum colour, but with the rosetta barring pattern in a golden yellow colour. It's very pale, but all it's feathers are in (juvenile).

I will take photos so someone can tell me if they have seen this colour mutation before.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. LyrebirdJacki

Feb 16, 2012
    Darwin Australia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

its plumage isnt complete, and i am unsure as to whether it will darken later. it is a little hard to see but there is gold bars all over the quail, just like a rosetta (the father was a rosetta while the mother was a pale orange colour). I have about three somewhat like this.

3. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    What kind of quail is it? I have Jumbo Brown & Italian and now I see 1 golden.

4. LyrebirdJacki

Feb 16, 2012
    Darwin Australia
    Coturnix quail. I cross my Rosetta male (which is a jumbo) with an Italian white hen and a golden cross hen to get interesting colours. This is the result.

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    pretty bird

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by