Strange ??s from spouses or SO's

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by michickenwrangler, Dec 4, 2010.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    DH asked me today, "Do you have three dollar bills?"

"Yes."

"Can I have two? I just have fives."

"If you need 2, why'd you ask for three?"

He didn't really answer me, just kinda talked about the field fees for the indoor RC airfield aka the high school gym. [​IMG]

Anyone else have a spouse or SO that asks odd questions like that?

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    No i have one that starts a story never finishes it cause he side tracks to something else then when I ask him to finish he say finish what. Drives me NUTS. I think men think in fragments. No offense to any men here. Or... maybe my DH IS trying to drive me nuts [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:No, us DH's don't think in fragments---------it's just that when we are telling an important story and/or information and we see your eyes glaze over like a deer in the headlights. We give up that story and go on to something else.

4. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    My dw has never acussed me of thinking

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Quote:No, us DH's don't think in fragments---------it's just that when we are telling an important story and/or information and we see your eyes glaze over like a deer in the headlights. We give up that story and go on to something else.

Oh busted! [​IMG] I know I probably have given my DH that look before mostly he sees the back of my head as I am typing. No really he does get side tracked alot even when I do want to here the story.

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:He didn't want to take your last dollar bill, of course. Otherwise you'd be the one with fives and no ones.

Pretty plain if you ask me. [​IMG]

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:He didn't want to take your last dollar bill, of course. Otherwise you'd be the one with fives and no ones.

Pretty plain if you ask me. [​IMG]

yep, that's what I was thinking. [​IMG]

8. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Probably a good thing too.....jk.

Typical guys way of thinking but could be true?

9. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Mine does this, too. Especially when we are building something. He will start "wonder if we..." then he is off in his own little world and running it thru his head. Drives me NUTS!!!! I end up walking away from him, because I can't help if he won't tell me what he needs.

So, if anyone develops a mind reader, please let me know, I will be first in line!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    In a view from the other gender, my wife does this to me all of the time. I think, "Is this a rhetorical question?" Heck, they are all rhetorical or illogical or maybe she is trying to drive me nuts? Nuttser? Now that we are both 75% deaf it has become even more interesting.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by