Strange taste

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Baybrio, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Baybrio

Baybrio Songster

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    I try hard to feed my small flock a well balanced diet, I add fresh greens and apples, scratch on occasion,

[​IMG]

but what do they want to eat - DRY WOOD SHAVINGS [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    That's funny.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is funny! Now don't let them get around styrofoam! Yikes, they LOVE the stuff! [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    LOL!! Chickens can be so weird!! Funny pic!

5. briana1975

briana1975 Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    When it is not winter I love my flower gardens. I love my chickens too. I even let them roam in th flower beds no problems, just have to put the mulch back. They don't eat much of flowers or plants but they love the plastic tags that are there for identification of the flowers. There has been many a day that my neighbors think I am nuts chasing a chicken around the yard. They can't see I am actually trying to keep them from eating the plastic tags.

6. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Some of my hens like to nibble on the shaving as well. It is in the nesting boxes.
    I would'nt say they love it but they do nibble it.

7. Baybrio

Baybrio Songster

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    b.hromada :

That is funny! Now don't let them get around styrofoam! Yikes, they LOVE the stuff! [​IMG]

Yup, they also love styrofoam, why on earth do they love styrofoam???

Although I thought it was poisonous and that they wouldn't eat it, they eat rhubarb down to the roots in one day - now the rhubarb is fenced to keep them out.​

8. gsim

gsim Songster

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Quote:We are just glad that neighbors are so far away that they cannot see us watching 'chicken TV' when we take our camping chairs out to the pen and just sit with them. [​IMG] Pretty soon we both have them on our laps and shoulders telling us all about their day. It has gotten to where we tell them about ours too. [​IMG] Maybe we need cinemax. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by