1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

STRANGE THINGS ARE AFOOT HERE IN PA!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bugladyleah, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    OK...has anyone ever actually SEEN a peafowl/turkey hybrid? Do they really exist or are they just the stuff of legend? Here's the deal. I have a female turkey in a pen with peafowl and chickens. She has been laying eggs and just for the heck of it I have been putting them in the 'bator. All are infertile...EXCEPT ONE! I did some research online and SUPPOSEDLY it is also possible to hybridize turkeys and chickens, there are also many guinea hybrids. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am assuming that it is a peafowl/turkey hybrid b/c I did see them "do the deed" one time. I am very excited to see if it hatches!!

2. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

OMG! You need to keep posting with the details! Let's see...there was a post with a link about this kind of thing, it had things like chickenXpeafowl and turkeyXchicken...I'll see if I can find it!
    I'm subscribing!
    Found it!
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKHybrids.html If that doesn't work, then search for "can i throw a turkey in with my chickens" and look on page two or three.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Thanks for the link. I actually saw that one, but I still can't find any pics of a peafowl/turkey cross. I can't remember off the top of my head when this egg should be hatching, but I'll look later and post. I don't want to get TOO excited that it may hatch (what is it...don't count your chickens...or...peafowl...or turkeys...or whatever-the-heck-this-thing-is). I'll keep ya posted : )

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    well, the link on that link shows chicken x turkey and peafowl x chicken, so maybe peafowl x turkey is possible [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by