STRANGE things are happening on my 10 week old brahma chick!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Savannah Poultry, May 17, 2010.

1. Savannah Poultry

Savannah Poultry The Source

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    This one poor chick is having some strange problems going on. all of which I think are nonrelated but you can let me know what you think!
    First Problem: The poor thing has cut it's foot very severely and it is swollen up huge! I have been having raccoon problems. The raccoon got six of it's brother's and sister's so it could have easily caused this. Either the raccoon bit the leg or it cut itself somehow while running away (not sure what it could have gotten cut on) The third toe is almost all the way off and the back one is half off. It is very horrible.
    second problem: It has a growth on the top of it's beak right between the nostrils. it has gotten bigger but I just noticed it yesterday when i was examining it's foot.
    third problem: As I was bringing it in to find pictures I felt a long growth that kind of angles across the breastbone. I have no idea what it is but it feels about 5 inches long and 3/4 inches wide. But it is VERY bumpy and ridged. both growths on it are hard.

I have no idea what is going on and none of the other ones are having any problem. They were just starting to get aquainted with the rest of the adult flock and were running around with the hens no problem. They were on cement floor at that time. before that they were on a plastic textured floor that is very sterile. I use it in my brooder to maintain sterility. let me know what you think. If you need more info just ask. I would put it down because I know it won't live a good life at all with that foot. The only reason I am still letting it suffer is because I am going to take it into the vet tomorrow to see what they think, and I know that they usually like a LIVE bird. If you guys have experienced anything like this before just let me know. any suggestions, advice? I just want your opinion. THX SO MUCH
    Sam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

bump

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by