STRANGE TISSUE

TEXASSCENT

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
I FOUND AN EGG IN THE NEST THAT WAS BROKEN,VERY SOFT MEMBRANE AND NO YOLK. THERE WAS A PIECE OF TISSUE ABOUT AN INCH LONG ATTACHED. NO BLOOD OR PUS. IT ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE A PIECE OF BOILED CHICKEN. THESE ARE NOT FERTILE EGGS AS ...NO ROO AROUND.... WHAT DID I FIND?

Without seeing it I would speculate that it was an extreme example of a meat spot. A piece of the hens reproductive tract detached and as it traveled down the tract the white was added and a soft shell as well.

Yep, piece of ovarian tissue tagged along and the system got messed up. It happens sometimes, not to fret. Just keep an eye for ongoing problems, but occasional glitches are to be expected.

WILL SHE BE OK? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR. IT DID LOOK LIKE A "FALLOPIAN TUBE"

To my understanding chickens don't have fallopian tubes. It's just something that happens sometimes and the hens are fine.

Oh...that happened to my chicken. Lucy. She laid this really odd looking thing, (looked like a piece of fried chicken), she laid this aobut 3 months ago and has not laid another egg since. She is 9 months old now...:( ~Beulah

Back
Top Bottom