Strange tractor supply chicks - Pics added

jlmann

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Weirdo RIR with a white ring around their neck/shoulders and first time around here "golden comets" half of which were yellow like a leghorn chick the others looked like a red sex link. First time I have seen the white on a RIR though and "golden comets". Anyone else seen any strange chicks this year? or what do the golden comets look like as adults? or the ringneck RIR's? I don't care either way but I'm now the proud owner of six of each. Just curious........
24163_100_0889.jpg
[/img]
24163_100_0888.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
The chicks at my TSC were all mixed up so I don't know what I got - probably mine came from the " ALL ROOSTERS" box
roll.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Now that made me laugh out loud...

Do you guys have any pics of said mystery chicks? It would be entertaining to watch them feather out and guess what they are.

the chicks at my TSC last week were red and white, think tuxedo type pattern, and were marked RIR. My RIR I got last year looked nothing like that. I wondered what they really were.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. These were just so obviously "mutts". Who cares though, right? I like eggs.
big_smile.png

I can help with the golden comets... Here are some pics of my GC girls just the other day:

There are a couple EEs in this picture - the one in the middle and the one in the top left. All the rest are golden comets.
IMG_3673-1.jpg

One of my golden comet girls
IMG_3675.jpg

Just because I thought you might be interested, the top egg in this picture was laid by one of the golden comets. Their eggs are always a pretty darker brown color. This picture was from when they first started laying last year.
IMG_2763.jpg

golden comets are sexlinked so the roos are yellow and the hens are red and they grow up where the roo is white with red tinge (some are all white like white leghorns) and hens look like the ones shown. Beautiful GC eggie btw!

Back
Top Bottom