Strange tractor supply chicks - Pics added

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jlmann, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jlmann

jlmann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Weirdo RIR with a white ring around their neck/shoulders and first time around here "golden comets" half of which were yellow like a leghorn chick the others looked like a red sex link. First time I have seen the white on a RIR though and "golden comets". Anyone else seen any strange chicks this year? or what do the golden comets look like as adults? or the ringneck RIR's? I don't care either way but I'm now the proud owner of six of each. Just curious........[​IMG][/img][​IMG][/img]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Oh, I thought you were talking about ladies hanging around the Tractor Supply Store. I was "interested"

3. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    Yeah I saw a couple of those too. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

4. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey mine are selling "Amber Pullets" what in the heck are those??????

I bought some anyway but I really want to know what they are!!!

5. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    The chicks at my TSC were all mixed up so I don't know what I got - probably mine came from the " ALL ROOSTERS" box [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] Now that made me laugh out loud...

Do you guys have any pics of said mystery chicks? It would be entertaining to watch them feather out and guess what they are.

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    the chicks at my TSC last week were red and white, think tuxedo type pattern, and were marked RIR. My RIR I got last year looked nothing like that. I wondered what they really were.

8. jlmann

Mar 3, 2009
    I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. These were just so obviously "mutts". Who cares though, right? I like eggs.[​IMG]

9. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I can help with the golden comets... Here are some pics of my GC girls just the other day:

There are a couple EEs in this picture - the one in the middle and the one in the top left. All the rest are golden comets.
    [​IMG]

One of my golden comet girls
    [​IMG]

Just because I thought you might be interested, the top egg in this picture was laid by one of the golden comets. Their eggs are always a pretty darker brown color. This picture was from when they first started laying last year.
    [​IMG]

10. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    golden comets are sexlinked so the roos are yellow and the hens are red and they grow up where the roo is white with red tinge (some are all white like white leghorns) and hens look like the ones shown. Beautiful GC eggie btw!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by