Strangely dark comb

thebulg

Chirping
Aug 20, 2015
North carolina

This is my frizzled olive egger. Her comb is this really dark sort of purple color, and the darkness extends back toward her eyes. Shes always had this darkness, it's not new. I was wondering if it's going to end up purple, or a dark maroon? Does anyone know?

It looks like she is mixed with silkie possibly? They have blackish gray combs and if mixed with a red comb chicken by breeding, this could create a purple comb offspring.

Hard to tell what it will end up in color; how old is she now and what color was it when she was first developing her comb?

how many toes on each foot? Are legs and feet black also? What ever is behind her, she looks like she has frizzled feathers

She looks like a lot of the Sizzles I'd get when I first started my project (original cross was Silkie and frizzled Cochin). If she's been bred to EEs to get olive eggs, that would explain the lack of extra toes, feathered legs and crest.

She's really pretty :)

This is a better full body picture of her! I think silkie is a good bet for some part of her after looking at pictures of them! I'm now really curious about her mutt heritage haha! And she really is a beautiful bird. We named her tina turner and it has only gotten more fitting as she has grown!

Back
Top Bottom