Strangest and Silliest Chicken Names?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nimby Chickens, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    So I have a chicken who has gone a very long time without a name. She's an olive egger, very talkative, and none of the names I use for her ever stuck. She was Bard, then Olive, then she had a time where she was Olivia, then she was Pullet Noir, then Chook Norris.

[​IMG]

But, none of them were right for her.

So then she became the 'Chicken Who Must Not Be Named' because she couldn't be named, which obviously morphed into Voldemort, and then my fiancee' started calling her Porkchop for reasons I cannot fathom. So until a few minutes ago, she was Voldemort Porkchop.

BUT JUST A MOMENT AGO, I wondered why this chicken was so hard to name when I had been so quick to name my pets over the years. Indeed this chicken is nearly 6 months old without a permanent name. Almost as though she were a figment of my imagination!

And there you have it. My chicken is now Figment Voldemort Porkchop. A fine name for a silly chicken.

Won't you please share the silliest or most unusual chicken names you have heard or named your chickens over the years?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Coco & Vin (coq au vin) were our 2 hens.

Senior Cocky was our rooster.

I've also had Hans & Pepper for a pair of bunnies (hausenpheffer)

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Frito, Cheeto and Dorito- a trio of buff orpintons. Came out of a lunch time conversation with my young nieces about things that are yellow. [​IMG]

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    My White Ameraucanas are Jack, Sally ( Nightmare Before Christmas), Bean, and Jill. WC Polish - Billie Idol, Muppet, David Bowie. BL Polish - Peter and Petunia Female runner duck hatched on Christmas named, of course, Chris. Frizzled cochin roo named "Tom Chicken" he is always reffered to with his full name. AND a pygmy goat named Steve.

5. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    My very first chicken was named Cheepie....So original. [​IMG] I have a little serama hen named Beep-Beep.

6. Nimby Chickens

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Quote:Oh man, I LOVE MUPPET!!! What a great name! lol My friend Monique has a silkie roo named Fraggle! Just perfect for a silkie, right?

7. Nimby Chickens

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I love the name Beep-Beep! Too cute!

I also love the Frito, Cheeto and Dorito... thank god there are a few people who don't name their Orpingtons 'Buffy'.

And goat named Steve... lol. If I had a billygoat I would name him Gregory after a book I loved as a kid called Gregory the Terrible Eater.

8. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    My oddest named chickens are Prince Charming, a gold Sebright rooster, and Mrs. Piggy, a D'uccle hen.

9. Nimby Chickens

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Quote:Any stories behind those names or were they just random or ironic?

10. Hi! I've got 2 Serama cocks I jokingly call 'Dolly' and 'Pammy Sue', hahaha.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by