Strangest Dog Breed Mix You've Seen

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by henryholub, Feb 28, 2012.

1. henryholub

henryholub Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    I've looked to see if this was somewhere and couldn't find it. I feel its necessary because I own a rather strange mix. This is my dog Kinsler when he was a puppy. H'es half German Shepherd and Half Shitzu[​IMG]

2. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    had a neighbor who had 2 blue heeler x boston terriers. were colored like heelers and the same size and shape but with nearly solid black heads that looked with a boston's face

3. henryholub

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    I must say, that sounds ugly...

4. WalkerH

WalkerH Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a rottie/dachshund mix...normal body length and girth for a rottie on about six inch legs...now he looks interesting. Has the head of a dachshund though.

5. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    they kind of were

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Cute puppy! I would like to see what he looks like now.
    The strangest looking dog mix I ever saw was while I was driving and I almost ran off of the road checking it out...lol. The body looked like a Great Dane with a German Shepherds head attached. No blending of the two...just shepherd's head and dane's body.

7. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Basset/Lab.... Lab head and tail on a Basset body, short little legs and all. He showed up in the yard when my Shepherd was in heat before we had had her fixed. I told him to get on home, we don't need any of his type. LOL

8. henryholub

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    I'll see if i can't get a picture of Kinsler now that he's older. His legs never grew much...he's got shitzu length legs and a shepherd length body. He looks like a bulked up dachshund. Our other dog is part dapple dachshund part red heeler, and she's higher off the ground that Kinsler

9. henryholub

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    if you hadn't shoo'd that dog off, you could have had some really, really interesting puppies

10. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I love Basset mixes!! When I groomed, many moons ago, we had a gal that brought in her Basset/Black Lab mix. He was the cutest thing ever! Just like you said, head and tail of a Lab, body of a Basset. I've seen a number of Basset mixes, and it always seems that the mix takes the body of the Basset, and the head of the other breed. I think they are really cute though. Of course, I've owned two Bassets, so I'm kind of partial [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by