Strangest Place You've Found an Egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peaches Lee, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well my pullets have started to lay, on the hottest day of the year no less and at age 15 weeks. I found the first egg in the coop and the second by my Milk House behind some chipboard that was leaning up against the wall. Then I found two eggs in a radio flyer wagon in my barn that had some hay scrap from a haybale that had been transported that day!! [​IMG]

So, where is the strangest place you have found an egg?

2. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Inside our bag of wood chips.

3. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    I found one under our roost, and that's not even hardly strange.

4. twistedwire

twistedwire Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    A couple of my girls like to lay in my trash can. How they get in and out is beyond me-and they are pretty annoyed when the can is full :-D

My silly ducks will drop eggs wherever they please-I've found them in the middle of my driveway before.

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    The trash can, our bed, on the floor in our lounge, in the kitchen cupboard, in the washing basket, on the desk next to our computer, on our bedroom floor, in a bucket we left outside, under a bush halfway up the driveway, behind a spade leaning against the wall and four eggs in a plant pot (for sale) in our garden nursery.
    I'm thinking of getting rid of the easter bunny and getting some chickens.

6. adele

adele Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2010
    Pekins are the worst! I have found eggs in stands of long grass, under a hedge, inside a large circular clump of irises, rolling down the path by the clothesline, in the herb garden and the funniest was right on my back doorstep.

7. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]
    FUNNY POST! [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've found some in feed bags, behind feed barrels, in feed barrels, on the front porch under a chair, on top of the house (we have a peaked roof over our trailer that is not attached to it since the one on the trailer leaks), in transport cages that were not closed, in buckets, and under trees, but probably the weirdest place we found an egg was here:

[​IMG]

At least it was outside, we didn't let her in the house [​IMG]

Almost forgot about the duck egg that one of the girls laid this past winter in the center of our frozen pond...that was interesting.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. The Funky Chicken Dunce

The Funky Chicken Dunce Out Of The Brooder

Under the hood of my 69 chevelle near the side, and between the pool noodles under a bench way up on the pool deck :hmm At one point one rolled out and broke and was cooked before I found it, yeah it's hot here! [​IMG][​IMG]

10. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

In a bucket of nails

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by