Straw bale cheaper in Germany. Strohballe in Deutschland. Where to purchase

May 29, 2021
Anybody know where to purchase strawbale (the standard size) cheaper in germany ? or rather somewhere around Neuss .
I can only find from amazon, which costs around 0.8euro / kg shredded straw ; which i think is very expensive...

I heard in USA 1 standard straw bale (for bedding) costs only 4-6 USD !
I used to help out in an organic farm to raise cattle in Paso Roble.. but i never asked the price they purchased for straw and hay bales.. :)

Now i am in Germany, need some straw bale for chicken as well as for mushroom growing.. i don't know what is the standard pricing.. and where to get one.. Those from pet store were usually shredded and expensive .
Thanks

Straw is more than 6 bucks here usually. Especially now with drought and Canada not exporting to the US. Have you looked into wood shavings
Can you tell me how much does a standard bale of straw cost now in USA ?
Wood shaving , ok for animal, but ..not suitable for mushroom growing.
Most of the wood shaving here is coniferous tree.. not suitable.
If wood shaving, i rather use wood chip.. which is sometime free..

Probably around $8 for feed, if you go to a craft store like most people do, about $15-$25. Kinda just dependa on qhere in thebstates it is. My state is in the drought so ours is more expensive than the state's on the east coast
I see.. Can you also tell whats the price in the non drought states costs (average price). Thanks

Back
Top Bottom