1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Strawberry Tops =)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jessied1227, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    We have a friend who owns a strawberry farm and treated us with 4 quarts of day old strawberries. After slicing them all up, I was heading to the compost pile with the strawberry tops and the girls came running over as usual to see me. [​IMG] I decided to throw out a few to see if they liked them, and man oh man, chaos ensued!

Long story short, my quick 5 minute trip to the compost pile turned into a 45 minute strawberry fest with the girls. After they got their fill of strawberries, they all sat down around me and just clucked and preened.

It was chickie heaven, I tell you.

Oh, and I just placed an order for 10 Silver-laced Wyandottes and 1 Buff Orpington Roo who will be joining my mixed flock of 5 Buff Orp, 4 Barred Rock and 3 Black Australorpe hens.

We're also on the prowl for a couple of pygmy goats. I've got 13 acres to fill you know [​IMG]

Just thought I'd share. [​IMG]
    Jess

2. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Just called Ideal and found out my delivery date will be July 13th! Friday the 13th. [​IMG]

I only ordered 11 birds and she said they typically pack a bunch of "extras" in with them, but couldn't tell me how many to expect.

Anyone have an idea how many extras to expect?

Thanks-
    Jess

3. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    that will fill your 13 acres
    OMG 13 ACRES FRIDAY THE 13!!!!!
    idk how many maybe ummm 2 that would make 13 so ya. let me know lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by