Stray cat + Chickens = Angry me!!!!!!!!!

jarvisite99

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
We have a stray cat that has taken to my old chicken coop and has had babys and my little brothers have taken to them but she has kill some of my bantams they are in a closed coop they can't get out or in, but the cat got them when I let them out for about two hours but you shoud have seen that cats face when I walked out the door and saw the cat with bthe chicken in its mouth running up the stairs to my porch (and that was when my buff brahma roo was attacking it and the guineas were as scared as scared can be.) then the cat ran away droped the hen (that stared dancing.) and that was my eventfull morning, can't wait to see what will hapen to morow.
idunno.gif

I would catch her in a live trap. The kittens should be easy to just scoop up. Call your local animal shelter and have them come and collect her. Or you just can keep your chickens up and don't let them out if you are planning on keeping her and them. I have cats and they do not bother them. They do like to run through a group of them to startle them to watch them fly. But they have to have some for of entertainment. We call it cat t.v.

Wow, you need to protect your chickens. Keep them locked up unless you can be right there to protect them. Also, best for that stray cat to get spayed after weaning those babies. Can you take them to your local SPCA or Animal Control?

I can't get rid of them because my brother has taken to them and would hate me for it, the babys will be gone in two weeks and then the mom will have a problume with the new roo as soon as he gets a little biger.
(and the hen is still a live and seaparated from the others till she starts walking around shes one strong bird.).

Back
Top Bottom