Stray cat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by leghorns_rule, Nov 17, 2007.

1. leghorns_rule

leghorns_rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    syr New york
    Someone dumped a bunch of kittens near our house and now there is this cat that dosen't seem to want to leave our yard! Iv tried to catch it but its pretty fast. any advice in catching it without a live trap?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Keep on feeding it and get it to trust you, some day it will come up and you can capture it. Else, live trap is the way to go.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    No idea on catching it without a live trap. Why not use one? Call your local animal shelter or ASPCA and see if they have one to loan?
    Sorry I don't have a better idea.

4. leghorns_rule

Jul 30, 2007
    syr New york
    well i don't have a live trap and i cant find a store near me that sells them

5. Jemjoop

Jemjoop Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2007
    Caledonia, IL
    we had a stray that lived behind the garage and a can of tuna fish and a dish of milk placed where we needed her to go was enough to get her out of hiding...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  6. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I too have a stray cat. Not to worried about catching him though. I call him Hungry, I keep a dish of cat food on the front porch for the house cats during the summer. They spend almost the entire summer outside. He just came and started eating and since the cats don't chase him off and I have never seen him be mean to any of them. So, he can hang out and eat some food, But can not come in the house. I wish he would go down to the barn, but I think the barn cats chase him off.

7. leghorns_rule

Jul 30, 2007
    syr New york
    well i think i chased him off...o well [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by