Stray dog in the yard last night.

bakerjw

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Johnson City, Tn
Some loose dogs harassed my girls in one run and then got one of my laying hens that had escaped the run a few weeks ago so my tolerance of all dogs in my yard is quite low.

I walked out the front door of the house last night and one of my visiting friends thought it'd be funny to lock me out. So I just had to walk around the side and come in through the well house. No big deal. As I came around the corner I found a stray dog by the door eating our cats food. When I yelled at it it started shaking in excitement and laid down on the ground and refused to leave. All attempts at shooing it away didn't work so I tried the hose which only made the dog try to get closer to me to protect it from the hose. I went into the house and grabbed my Bersa Thunder 40 and went out and yelled at the dog trying to get it to leave again which met with no success. So I popped a round up into the hillside behind the house and that proved to be sufficient motivation as Rover took off like a bat out of heck across the road to not be seen again. In hindsight I should have taped a note to the dogs collar.

People around where I live keep their dogs tied up during the day but like to let them run loose at night.

In the end the dog was gone and my right ear had a ring in it as I tried to go to sleep.

Next time shoot him in the butt!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom