Stray dog *pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewHopePoultry, Aug 30, 2008.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    She was dropped off sometime durning the night last week. She has been staying ata neighbors house, but she sometimes wonders over to see my dogs.
    She is a very sweet,but shy dog. She gets along with all my dogsand my neighbors dogs. She seems fine around my cats and rabbits.
    She stands to about an adults knees. She is still young,she has her puppy coat.
    I know she is a pitbull mix,but I dont know what she is mixed with. Any guesses on her mix and age?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    maybe lab?...but she is cute!...Wendy

3. JayBird+16

JayBird+16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    I'd be suprised if that dog doesnÂ’t have some Lab in her.

4. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Lab/Pit? I have a black lab mix (boxer or pit or who the heck knows).

Someone here once called their lab a 'labradork'. I've adopted that nickname for my Rosie cause she sure can be! LOL

She has circus tents for lips, and they sometimes get caught in her mouth. In fact, I had to take her to the vet last spring cuz she had one of her fangs threaded into the lip (not through it, but IN it).

Anyway, here's her pic for comparison.

[​IMG]

5. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I was thinking she might be a pitbull lab mix.

6. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Lab pitbull mix. [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

She is a yellow lab x pitbull mix. She looks to be about 1 year old. Very cute! Are you going to keep her. If she gets along with you cats and rabbits, why not keep her. [​IMG]

8. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I already have 4 dogs, so I cant keep her, otherwise I would.
    She looks to be a bit younger then a year old,but she might be a year old already. Her coat is very soft and puppy like. Her teeth are very clean.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I noticed her teeth are very clean. There some pearly whites! Are you going to take her to a dog rescue or something?

10. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Where I live there is no dog rescue near and if I drive the 60 miles to the closest one,then I have to pay $60 for them to take her, which I really cant afford to drive all the way down there and turn around and pay that much.

I often take in strays and find them new homes. Theres no animal control around here, so people call and ask me to take them. I usually keep them for a few weeks(after the vet says they are heathly) and then find them a new home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by