Streching wire

Rogue Rooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Rogue River Oregon
Whats the trick to stretching chicken wire tight ? I want it tight with no sags. Should I put in between two boards and then hook the fence stretcher to it?
hmm.png

This is what I would do, but that is just because we already have all the bits from putting up the field fence. just be careful you don't over tighten it since its not as strong as regular wire and will break easily. Alternatively, if the run of fence isn't too long, have a friend pull it while you fasten it off on each corner.

Assuming you are going to be stapling it to wood along all 4 sides (that is, top and bottom not just flappin' in the breeze) what works well for me is to stretch it reasonably snug along the length of the fence, staple it on, then stretch it somewhat vertically too as you go along stapling that. Start in the center, stretch and staple the top and bottom there, then work towards the ends.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Awesome thanks guys. I have a 24" role of one inch that I will put along the base board and under the ground and 150 foot role of 2" for the sides and top. Is that about right?

I think you will find that the 2" chicken wire is a LOT flimsier than the 1". Obviously because there is half the wire there. I would be sure to plan on lots of upright support for it.

Back
Top Bottom