Stressed and squealing duck

Ellyhutch

Songster
Dec 15, 2020
My almost-one-year-old Muscovy has been acting really weird this week. She lives inside and has been running around the house like she is being chased and squealing like a pig like she's terrified. It's really stressing me out. She is laying normally and acting normal otherwise. Any ideas?

Some essential oils can be super toxic and have been know to cause crazy behavioral and neurological symptoms in animals, that's why I asked.

If your duck hasn't been exposed to a lot of tee tree oil, I'm thinking she might be responding to a change in her environment.

Have you added any new fixtures to your house or has there been any new ducks around her? Does she do this at certain times of day or when someone does something that bothers her?

Some essential oils can be super toxic and have been know to cause crazy behavioral and neurological symptoms in animals, that's why I asked.

If your duck hasn't been exposed to a lot of tee tree oil, I'm thinking she might be responding to a change in her environment.

Have you added any new fixtures to your house or has there been any new ducks around her? Does she do this at certain times of day or when someone does something that bothers her?
That's part of the reason I stopped diffusing them. Thanks for thinking of it.

No changes other than the weather?! My only thought was that maybe the longer days, her getting older, hormones, whatever could be the reason. But truly, no other changes at all, unless she's sensing that I'm about to go out of town for a week.

She sounds stressed to me. If my duck were stressed would put her in a quiet dimly lit room.
She already lives in a quiet dimly lit room! I have been taking her out of her pen when she is squealing in it and putting her on the couch with me, but she ends up flying back in it half the time. It's so odd.

I wonder if giving her a lot of exercise would help. I don't have muscovy but I know they can be a little rotten and usually they seem very active, so maybe she's not getting enough stimulation?

I wonder if giving her a lot of exercise would help. I don't have muscovy but I know they can be a little rotten and usually they seem very active, so maybe she's not getting enough stimulation?
It's possible. I try not to take her out too much because she flies off into the neighbor's yard sometimes. 😑

Back
Top Bottom