stressed eggs? advice required.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by eliss18, Nov 2, 2008.

1. eliss18

eliss18 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2008
    hi there!!

my chickens eggs for the past couple of says have been incredibly deformed in the sense that the outer shell is very crinkled and not the usual smooth outer layer it should be.

is this due to stress? weather? illness?
    i have been stressed alittle as of late is she picking up on it and been stressed to> i have no idea but but my eggg colllection is beginning to look like some abstract art gallery!

thanks heaps!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Often it is a hiccup in the egg factory. If it is a continued problem then it could indicate something as a simple as nutritional deficiencies or as complicated as the exhibition of an illness/disease.

What are you feeding the chickens?

3. leslie

leslie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Im experiencing a similiar kind of problem. one of my chickens is laying an egg that has a red bloody circle around it in the middle of it. seems to me that she is maybe too small to be laying this big egg. happens every egg. it is dried by the time i find it and it wont wash off.. may not be blood but looks it to me. she is a young pullet. lesismore

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by