Stressful poop

Lilybljm

Songster
6 Years
Jul 11, 2017
One of my girls is pooping a very vivid green color. It’s one of three ducks (the only ones staying indoors as the males are especially aggressive toward them this time of year. They are occasionally visited by one male. Other than that, no one goes into the closed in area of the coop and they don’t come out to eat any greens. All four of these ducks are acting perfectly normal. Eating well, quacking, socializing, drinking, and responding to me when I bring them things. One of them is currently broody and laying on eggs if that matters. I’ve never seen any of them poop like this before so I’m very concerned and I know that some green poops indicate life-threatening issues. Any thoughts? I don’t have a picture of the poop itself, but it was a little watery without being overly abnormal. Here’s the color it left on the shavings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 43
This means someone is starving. My bet is that it's your broody. But I would monitor.to confirm. Whoever it is, they need to eat asap.
Thanks! I’ll mix her food with some water for a couple days because it always gets her up. Thankfully I’ve only seen two poops like this and none since this morning.

Back
Top Bottom