1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Striped faverolles

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jacqdiva, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Jacqdiva

Jacqdiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I have salmon and blue faverolles hatching out. 3 are yellow, but one is striped??? I bought the eggs from a reputable and registered breeder.
    Any ideas???:confused:[​IMG]
    He is the one still wet. At first I thought he was a blue. Now I'm not sure...

2. chasiekitten12

chasiekitten12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    striped can i have a closer pic please

3. Jacqdiva

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I will try to get a better picture tomorrow. I contacted the Faverolles club here and to my dismay they said a striped chick may be a cross.

4. Jacqdiva

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I just looked at the Faverolles thread on this forum. Someone had a salmon with stripes that they bred themselves. Apparently it happens. Just strange that experts I asked didn't know. Thank goodness for BYC :cd

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Somewhere I have pictures of salmon chicks with racing stripes. I will post them later. Though if you look through the Fav thread there should be some. I know it's a huge thread. All of the blue chicks I hatched were solid colored.

6. LotsA Cluckin

LotsA Cluckin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2014
    Walling, TN
    I would talk with the breeder to see if they added in extra eggs from an other breed or color

7. katieskubs

katieskubs New Egg

Jul 27, 2014
    I just got two last night!! This is my first adventure with chickens and I'm so excited! We have ten all together. Two faverolles (I'm most excited about them) two australorp, two Delaware, two golden buff & two brahma. I'm curious of which is which!!

8. chasiekitten12

chasiekitten12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    I still need another pic please I NEED TO SEE THIS

9. Jacqdiva

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I will post one in the morning. It's 2am here...... Just been down to check remaining eggs lol. I'm nuts about these chicks. Just too cute!!! Get ready for the cute factor. Just a warning! ;) oh and another one has pipped. Yay!

10. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I can't find my pictures (I think they are on my dead computer) but here are someone else's chicks with the grey splotches/stripes. They are not uncommon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue chicks look like this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by