Stripped of his name.

addiedunn

Songster
11 Years
Oct 12, 2008
Martinsville, IN
We have a GLW rooster we named Diesel. We named him that, in part because my husband and I both worked in a factory building diesel engines. (I've been laid off for over a year and the plant itself is closing in July, so hubby will be unemployed then also.) Anyway, we thought Diesel was a good name for him. Until we got a foot of snow dumped on us a week or two ago. It was his first snow and he was having no part of it. But then his need to roam got the better of him and he ventured out of the pen and proceeded to try and jump up onto a big pile of snow. When he sunk in it up to his butt, he froze. It scared him so bad he couldn't move. He was stuck in a snow bank.
lau.gif

I bet he sat in it for 15 minutes, or as long as it took me to do the chores.
He only got out when (after I was done with my laughing attack) I ventured close enough to lift him out. I don't think he wanted any part of my help, either. He managed to lift himself out on his own. DH got home that day and I had to break it to him that he's been stripped of his name. We just call him Roo, now. But we still love him.
IMG_1816.jpg

Thanks to all. He is a beauty. And a few weeks before that happened he and I were going through a little power struggle over who was the boss around here during the day. He has never been one for me to just pick up and hold, so I couldn't really put him in his place the way they tell you to. But I'm not so sure that walking around him and laughing like I was didn't work also. lol I even kept telling him I was sorry and that I didn't mean to...
lau.gif
... laugh. But dang that was funny. Then I would walk by and say stuff like, "not such a big man, now are ya? Who you gonna jump on now?"
He's been sweet as he could possibly be since then.

He is a very beautiul boy,

You know he has now learned what happens with pride. lol.

yippiechickie.gif

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom