Stromberg's Chickens-- show quality chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Hennyetta, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Hennyetta

Hennyetta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Has anyone ordered the show quality chicks from Strombergs? How did they turn out? Were you happy with them? I'd love to see photos if anyone has any.

I'm especially interested in the bantam birchen Cochins. If anyone has ordered those, and has photos, please post!

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    It would be a bit cheaper if you can order the chicks directly from Urch and Turnland.

4. Hennyetta

Hennyetta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh, thanks a lot! [​IMG]

5. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    If your looking for a quick 5 min order online then order from strombergs it's more convenient. But you want to save some cash but put in more effort for the order, then order from urch.

I would order as soon a possible if you want chicks in spring cause there's a few breeds that are already sold out for the season. I think his lf salmon faverolles are sold out and might be a few others that I don't know of.

6. Chicago chick

Chicago chick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Hobart, Indiana
    I would recommend Stromberg..I received my order of bantam chicks (5each-Sultans, buff silkies, Japanese blacktail buffs, Easter eggers & Mille Fleur d'Uccles) Valentines day..out of 25 I did have 4 fatalities but was reimbursed in less than one business day..great service & product.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by