Stromberg's Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Lone Wolf, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    How is the quality? Would love to see pictures and hear about your experience with them! [​IMG]

2. heronz

heronz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    A little higher in price than some other hatcheries but great quality and every single one made it here alive.

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Never bought there chicks but I do buy antibiotics from them. I was going to buy there "show quality" chicks but found out they came from Duane Urch so I just ordered from him to save some money. But you need to put some effort when ordering from him cause he's old and you need to send a check by mail. But if you want to place an order in like 3 mins no hassle order from Strombergs.

4. Lone Wolf

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks [​IMG]

5. purplequeenvt

purplequeenvt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Charlotte, VT
    I too was wondering about Stromberg's. I've always ordered from Murray McMurray, but I want to try something new this year. I sent Stromberg's an email with a question this afternoon and they responded right away.

6. Lone Wolf

Jan 9, 2013
    Anyone else want to join in?

7. Manda07

Manda07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Has anyone done a small order of like 4 day old chicks from strombergs? We are thinking about it but there is no live delivery guarentee. hmmm. We only want 3 or 4 chicks and need females only becuase our city doesn't allow roosters and i just don't know where to go.

8. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

Cackle does a City-Town Pullet Special: http://www.cacklehatchery.com/page10.html#citytown

However, if you want to go with Stromberg's, could you post an ad on Craigslist or elsewhere to see if you can find some other people that would go in on a bigger order with you? I see people doing this quite often in my local Craigslist.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  9. Manda07

Manda07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Thank you so much. I am going to look at the link and post on craiglist, why not it's a great idea!

10. stephmichelle

stephmichelle New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi.. Manda07.. I was looking for someone to share an order with also. Where are you from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by