strong eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by onecent, Jan 28, 2009.

1. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

someone showed me how hard it is to break an egg!! i didnt believe it until i did this my self, if you take an egg and put it in your hand, big end in your palm and pointed end toward tour fingers, (do this over a sink , just in case) now squeeze, as hard as you can, but dont put your fingers in the sides of the egg, just use one hand & squeeze like top to bottom, its almost impossible to break!!

2. onecent

ummmm..where is everyone??........lol.......over there sinks? [​IMG]

3. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    I remember doing this in science class in school but I don't remember having to hold the egg a certain way. I do however remember that the egg had to be perfect - if there is even a hair line crack it will break easily.

4. Carolina Chicken Man

Carolina Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I'll do you one even better.

Put the big end in one hand and the little end in the other hand. You will not be able to break it with two hands.

Now, on the sides you can break it, but not top to bottom.

Where bouts in Halifax County are you at? I used to deer hunt about 7 miles from Enfield. Crowells Crossroad.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  5. onecent

oh, you are so right!! it must be a good egg!! no cracks, or brittle shells, just make sure its a good normal healthy egg !!

6. onecent

Quote:yes your right!! wont break!! isnt that amazing!! i live in roanoke rapids

7. Carolina Chicken Man

Carolina Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Have you been to a lot of shows at the Randy Parton Theater?

Your tax dollars are helping pay for it.

8. onecent

Quote:lol, no that was such a joke!! but i did hear the shows were good, but it was the same thing , over & over again!!

9. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Ha ,
    Yes I remeber the first time I did that, my egg was a little cracked and pop all over me LOL [​IMG]
    I made sure to check better from then on!
    I have also found, that by tossing out some of the eggs from our mixed up stuff that I dont want to hatch, you can toss them just as high up as possible, and unless it hits JUST right, on the Ground mind you, not concrete, better than 50% of the time, they just wont break!!
    Aubrey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by