1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stuck on color.

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by cskotek, Oct 13, 2013.

1. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

What color do you think these are??
    At the auction it said white... but unsure. Thanks!

2. SweetLilChicken

SweetLilChicken Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2013
    Australia, Perth WA
    Looks the point to albino white.

But I may be wrong.

3. cskotek

I am not sure.. but after looking looks semi blonde.. but Idk. The female was all white on the wings but some VERY VERY light markins on the chest.. hardly noticeable.

4. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Are they from the Batavia auction this past Saturday? Just wondering since there were lots of white mandarins there. Blonde/white can be used interchangeably here in the US. In Europe I think it is different. White hens do have light blonde coloring on their flight feathers. Not sure about the other markings.

5. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Here in the US its just a white. They have all kinds of different names in Europe the more it might lean toward beige or darker.

6. cskotek

This is from the one at Bloomsburg pa. Also recieved a reg. pair of mandies :)

Thanks destin duck for the info!

7. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Congrats on the new birds. Just got rid of my last half dozen. I only kept one regular trio now but one of the hens is white.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  8. cskotek

Quote: Thanks! I have had a pair of reg. now for almost 2 years. I love their 'wop wop' LOL! And the female always looks at me like 'the F you up to!' haha. But I cant really handle them.They have attitudes...

9. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    LOL! Yea love those sounds they make. Im getting rid of most of my birds but I will always have a pair of mandies here at my crib. they are too cool and dear to my heart not to be included. Great birds.

10. cskotek

yes! someone understands! I love all birds. Just dont know much with mandies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by