Stuck To Padlock On Coop.. It Just Figures!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickie Mamma, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, a word to the Wise (which I am not) ...
    Went out with warm water to defrost the flock's water bins. We keep a padlock on the coop to keep them safe. After pouring the warm water in their buckets, I didn't realize my hands were a little wet. Its 20 degrees here this morning. Went around and grabbed the padlock to get eggs, needless to say, stuck like a tongue to a steel pole [​IMG]
    The "it figures" part is that one hand is on the base of the padlock and one on the rounded top part. 4 fingers total now have NO fingerprints. I had to kind of rip them off, gallon of warm water 4 feet from me, couldn't get it [​IMG] Just thought I needed to share this with someone!

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] Thanks for the warning!

3. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Oh ouch, bless you heart!!! [​IMG]

4. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

ooooo OUCH!

5. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Its not sooo bad, stings a little, but I honestly believe they were laughing at me! [​IMG]

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh jeesh, ouch! Im so sorry. I know what you mean about them laughing at you. I know my Turkeys do, and dont even try to hide it! If I go down...drop something...and of course I say DANGIT! Those toms in unison laugh at me! [​IMG] Dont the know how much I LOVE stuffed turkey!?
    Anyways.....im so sorry about your fingers. I know...that smarts!

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Thanks! Their look is priceless when you are trying to spit on your fingers to pry them off. Hubby will have to put the padlock lower, it was a little higher than eye level, so spitting was no hope. Pretty gross though! [​IMG]

8. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I did pretty much the same thing last week. Filled the water with nice warm water walked out the coop and grabbed the handle, not thinking about my hands being wet and the handle being metal, I felt like the kid in the movie Christmas Story movie. Was stuck for a while. I can laugh at it now.

9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks! Their look is priceless when you are trying to spit on your fingers to pry them off. Hubby will have to put the padlock lower, it was a little higher than eye level, so spitting was no hope. Pretty gross though! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry don't mean to laugh.....Oh wait YES I DO!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Really been there done that, but not to the same extent you did...Once had fingers freeze to the cattle gate as I was trying to climb over it...That was not fun [​IMG] Was almost thinking of peeing on hand to get it off the fence..But then I figured my pee would freeze into iciles and then who knows...Someone would pull into driveway, see me with hand on fence, pants around ankles, and iciles!!!! Had to very slowly peel hands off fence instead....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Hubby WILL NOT know about this. [​IMG] I would never hear the end of it. I had these huge Thinsulate gloves on when I went out there, but took them off because you can't feel anything in them. I usually can open the padlock with one hand too, I don't know why I used both hands. [​IMG] Just was not thinking [​IMG] At least I know I was not the only one that done this ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by