Student Shot After School - Prayers Needed

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by greenfamilyfarms, May 11, 2010.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Please keep the teachers, staff, and students of the high school in which I teach in your prayers. We had an incident today after school in which a student was shot. The police are investigating and we have no word on what happened or how the student is doing. My chest is on fire with worry and fear.

2. homesteadingcowgirl

homesteadingcowgirl Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    I am praying.

3. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Oh my how awful. Prayers being said.

4. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Ok, we have an update. Names removed for privacy. The fingers always get pointed at the school and the teachers. Please remember us.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

"Superintendent of the County Schools says it happened around 2:55pm when school let out. People reported hearing a sound like a firecracker.

A student was shot in the back, but he didn't know it until he got on the school bus. He made it home, and his mother brought him back to the school. He was airlifted to the Regional Medical Center from there.

The bullet is apparently lodged near the boy's kidney and his injuries are serious.

Officials have two male students in custody in connection with the shooting. No charges have been filed, and the names and ages of all the students involved have not been released.

Superintendent does not know where the gun came from but does not believe it was inside the school. He says it's possible someone got it from inside their car.

The High School will be in "crisis mode" Wednesday which means there will be extra sheriff's deputies on campus, as well as metal detectors and extra counselors to talk with students."

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    How sad... and scary...
    Why in gods name did the mother bring the kid all the way back to the school?? Why didnt she call for help from home... weird...

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Songster

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Crazy. Is this a country school, or city? Scary, the way these things happen today. Can't believe the kid didnt know he was shot! And really can't believe his mother drove him back to school instead of the hospital!??! In any event, prayers sent for the boy.

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

What is this world coming to! [​IMG]

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:When my brother was shot in the back he didnt know it right at first either... it is weird...I think its just such a shock or something...

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:It did seem weird until I asked why. The county hospital is rather small and did not have a doctor on call that could help with his type of injury. So, 911 told them that the helicopter would meet them in the school parking lot. We are expecting a lot of upset, very angry parents tomorrow. It seems unfair that the teachers are the ones that get the blame for something like this.

BTW: The school is in the country. The next large city is 45 mins away.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:It did seem weird until I asked why. The county hospital is rather small and did not have a doctor on call that could help with his type of injury. So, 911 told them that the helicopter would meet them in the school parking lot. We are expecting a lot of upset, very angry parents tomorrow. It seems unfair that the teachers are the ones that get the blame for something like this.

Why are teachers getting blamed?? That makes no sense... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by