Stuff I'd like to see on byc

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by domromer, Nov 21, 2007.

1. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    A gardening forum and one titled everything else. Somewhere to talk about non chicken stuff. I'm sure this has all been said before but I thought I'd add my .2

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Nifty has a gardening forum going on a different website. [​IMG]

3. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Quote:Not being an azz or nothing but, I'd say that if you look for a gardening site you could probably find one. I'd look for one if I were wanting to discuss gardening. This is a Chicken Site, what if the next guy/gal would want a mechanics site or a political site? Next thing you know, we'd be an "everything site"...........I think most here like to discuss poultry and that's why they are here.

4. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Nifty has a gardening forum going on a different website

WHERE? Can you provide the link?​

5. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
  6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

domromer , For now, the "general" non-chicken stuff is welcome (as long as it is withing guidelines) to be put into the "Me, My Chickens, My family" section of the site. We are discussing breaking this out into another section for "General off topic chit chat" type stuff but want to make sure it is a good idea.

Regarding a gardening section... I discussed it with our great staff members and we didn't want to dilute the chickenness of BYC with a topic that would be so popular... this is why I decided to create a separate Gardening Forum.

Quote:WHERE? Can you provide the link?

It is still very much in Beta mode so I haven't really publicised it much more than putting it in my signature below:

www.TheEasyGarden.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by