stuff in my ducks eye

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mikey2, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mikey2

Mikey2 New Egg

Oct 6, 2014
    Alrighty so I'm new to this but my duck is broody well she is sitting in eggs and I put a light on the egg and I see the baby ducking then i go back to Check to see if there still in there and the egg is gone now this happen to a few eggs also.

Another problem with the same duck is that her eye has this white stuff around its like a white yelllowish I researched and the said buy vetericyn and apply like 2 times a day which I did so now I relized is that she now gets these white bubbles or like foam on here eye and is constantly shaking her head I feel so bad for her I tried to get a pic but it's really bad I'll get a closer one for ya please
    its yellow and it almost cover 1 of her eyes and just alittle in theother eye. is it like a cold where its like mucus.

respond with any tips or knowledge about it thanks [​IMG]
    Please respond if you have any tips thankyou!!
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Ducks can get foamy eye - it is an early eye infection.

She needs to be able to dunk her head in fresh water several times a day. Does she have a swim pan or a deep bowl to do that?

The Vetericyn may be good - but sounds like something's not quite right. If the infection has gone deeper than the surface, it would be best for her to see a good duck vet.

You can try making a simple mild saline solution and drop that in her eyes a few times a day. There are instructions for making such an eye solution - or you might be able to find something at a drugstore. Just saline, I wouldn't use anything with lots of fancy ingredients.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by