Stuffed Animals

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cochinbantam-lover, May 5, 2009.

1. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Hi, I suppose this is a question I may already know the answer to but thought I'd just ask to be sure!

Why do some people place a stuffed animal in their brooders? It looks so sweet! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:THey usually do it when they have one chick in the brooder so they think they are not alone. A mirror works too.

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I put one in my brooder when I had a chick not doing so great. She would get up on it and cuddle it. It made her comfy.

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I'm fresh out of stuffed animals with my kids out of the house, so I used a tube sock turned inside out in half for my three little banties to cuddle on to help stay warm. When they're not running around eating, playing on the roost, etc. all three go back to the sock to rest and sleep on.

With my ten standard chicks, I didn't use anything because they had each other to cuddle with.

5. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:THey usually do it when they have one chick in the brooder so they think they are not alone. A mirror works too.

I put them in there, before I realized people did that because I was getting one blond breed and one black breed (two birds total) and I thought they might each like to cuddle up to something of similar color...LOL...and then I read more about it...and thought awww how sweet and now I think it's soo cute when I sneak a peak and find them snuggled up to their 'friends' [​IMG]

I put a mirror in there for pure entertainment once, and both chicks freaked out and started pecking the mirror like crazy...so I took it out...they made a bunch of racket and just didn't seem to like it...but maybe they were having a party with the mirror birds??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by