Stun to kill.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by marie1, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marie1

marie1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2008
    Hello there. Does any one know what would be required to build my own electric stunner - one with enough power to kill outright.

Am interested to hear from anyone who uses this method.
    Many thanks

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Wow - no idea but I'd sure like to try! I'm terrible with an axe.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck! I haven't heard of anyone here who uses that to kill since it seems like it could be dangerous and possibly painful if something went wrong. Do post if you can find info on it. I think some states stopped using electrocution for the death penalty due to the time it took to actually kill.

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I believe it causes blood arteries and the heart to explode, which means you'll have bruised meat.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    That would not be good. [​IMG]

6. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    WARNING : MAY DO GREAT BODILY HARM OR DEATH . DON'T DO IT especially if you don't know how to do the application !!!!!!!!!!! While working at Veterinary Teaching School Hospital, Pathology Department, I electrocuted literally hundreds of terminally ill horses, cows, sheep, goats, and pigs. If done right it STOPS the heart and blood flow and kills the animal immediately. It does NOT explode the heart, or blood vessels. However, It does rupture minute capilaries in the lungs. You need to know how to attach the electrodes to the animal or you will have one heck of an enraged beast on your hands. Not to mention great BODILY HARM ( electrical burns) or DEATH to you if you should touch the electrode ends while the device is on the animal or one should detach and you pick one end up and hapen to touch the animal with any part of your body... WHAM and YOU are DONE ...DEAD!!! Any bird is a very poor candidate for this proceedure.

7. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

somehow i have a feeling we will all remember this thread 10 years down the road,,,, while watching 1 of those "safety" videos at work [​IMG]

8. [​IMG] That is awful but true. The darndest things pop into my head from this forum...

9. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Double [​IMG]

What about a pellet gun? I really do have horrible aim with an axe and just don't like it.

10. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    If you're really wimpy, a .22 can be used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by