Stung! Anyone know a pain reliever?

Parson's Wife

Blessed Abundantly
15 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
Hi,
Was burning some boxes that had been piled behind church. Out flew a wasp, it really looked black to me, and got in behind my glasses, stung me 3 times before I could get the glasses off and it out. My eye is swollen shut, but it did not get my eyeball.
Anyone have a quick remedy for wasp stings?

Quote:
Oh owowowow! So sorry. The only thing I've heard to try is meat tenderizer but I'd be very cautious putting it near your eye. Call a doctor for a recommendation? Other than ice packs I'm not sure what would work best. Hope someone else does soon!

Tea bags.

When I would get stung as a child, Nana would always take a cool tea bag and put over the sting.

Don't know if there is any medical basis to the relief it provided, but I remember that cool tea bag always felt so good on that hot sting.

Hope you feel better soon.
Em

Have you taken any Benadryl or allergy medicine? That should help with the swelling. Something with an anithistimine ( sp?)

soak a cotton ball with white vinegar, make sure not to get it in your eye. then make a paste with Baking soda and put it on the stings and let dry. White vinegar is what they use at the beach for Jelly Fish stings, it work for wasp stings too.

OUCH! I would also say tea bags. If it was not close to the eye I would say bleach, but not close to the eye. My mom was stung like that a long time ago, it actually gave her a black eye. Hope you feel better.

you can wet a washcloth or paper towel and put sage leaves or powder in it, and put that over the stings, you can sprinkle the meat tenderizer on the cloth too, just hold it lightly over your eye...you might want to throw an ice cube in there too to lessen the swelling!! Good luck

tobacco. Tear up a cigarette and put the leaves in a wet cloth or napkin and apply to the stings. Trust the beekeeper......it works.

An apple cider poultice, chilled. Even better, dissolve epsom salts in some cool water and make a poultice with that. Also some Ibuprofen for the pain and for the anti-inflammatory effect. The apple cider works best if applied immediately after the sting....takes the pain away almost immediately. I think the epsom salts would work best at this late date.

Back
Top Bottom